What is the first lesson about?
It is about giving the big picture with clarity. Understanding Ego. What is soul consciousness and body consciousness. The difference between soul consciousness and body consciousness. The qualities and properties of both. Being a detached observer and a guest.
What is the structure of the first lesson?
1) In the first lesson you clearly give the students the ‘physical world box’ model. The three properties of the box; changing, unpredictable and it has an end.
2) We clearly see the distinction of the human and being and understand the qualities of each. Hold the space for insight and churning on 'who am I?', 'What is the soul?’
3) Show the creation of identities so that the student can observe them in daily life. Identifications with gender, culture, nation, intellect. See the ego and understand that all insecurity and sorrow is because of this.
4) Seeing that there is the option of being an observer. The observer is the one that observes and feels through the senses.
5) Meditation is on the detached observer and / or the guest.
In addition the practical implications of first lesson in relationships can be touched on.
How much can a student grasp the first lesson? How much can the student be expected to experience soul consciousness?
When introducing the soul try to make sure every word is experienced. Keep in the attention, who is seeing this? The soul is the master of the body. Who is controlling the movements of the body? Arm, eyes, leg… who is observing light, sound? The soul is the observer, he is the perceiver also. There is certainty; I am the soul. On that base of experience you can build everything. The idea of the detached observer is easy to start. Even if they don't get an experience, the student can be motivated the stage of the teacher. They see you and realise that there is something deeper here. Curiosity is the biggest hook to come back
What further ways to expand on the separation between the soul and the body?
The car-driver metaphor. Get the experience of this magic … see your body from a different position. You are not your body.
What can we learn from instruments in the Yagya?
Dadi is always fully in the experience, in intoxication. You experience that Alfa and beta is her whole world. Shivani was very detached before and after giving a class, however when she is teaching she really connects with people. She brought a feeling of easiness and gentleness.
What is Baba’s and therefore our fundamental aim when we teach?
To give students the courage to take the jump from the limited to the unlimited, from the known to the unknown. We know it is difficult, scary for the ego. Could the essence of what Baba is communicating be…’Dear child you are like me, incorporeal, please don't be afraid, enter in the incorporeal reality and from here you will see that what is corporeal can be easily managed as you become an almighty authority...in spite of all your beliefs! Take a high jump! Trust fully in Me.’
What to do when they leave? When they finish the first lesson do they know what to do at home?
Send the students an email after the session with a summary of the class or some relevant source material (see resource links section). Meditation commentries or other material that entertains the soul and helps them stay with the same ideas.